Mount St Francis
Types of Retreats
Regular Silent Retreats
- All our regular weekend retreats (and our two-day midweek retreats) are organized through the generous service of Captains who volunteer to register Retreatants. Reservations for these retreats are made with any of the Captains whose names, phone numbers, and email addresses appear inside this brochure. Your registration with the Captain is your confirmation. To cancel, please contact the Captain immediately. These retreats begin with check-in on Friday from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm with supper at 7:00 pm. Silence begins with the first session after supper. Eucharist is celebrated on both Saturday and Sunday. These retreats end with lunch.
Midweek Twilight Retreats (Evenings)
- Various groups (church and other) are welcome to arrange for a meditative evening (6:00 9:00 pm). Registration is at 6:00 pm with supper at 6:30 pm. Our program consists of a reflective talk given after supper, followed by a silent meditation and a closing ceremony. You are welcome to book a date and bring your own facilitator and/or program if you so wish. To book, contact the retreat centre office.
Winter Stillness Weekend Retreat
- This retreat is for those who feel called to unplug and simply rest in the silence and beauty of the setting. Prayer resources will be available but there will be no preached conferences. Meals are provided and you may gather with the Franciscan Friars for morning and evening prayer as well as the Eucharist. Appointments with a retreat team member may be arranged prior to your stay.
A Day Away Retreat
- This retreat begins with a prayer reflection and includes the celebration of the Eucharist, home cooked lunch, private room (optional) and quiet time. 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Individual Silent Retreats
- The Mount is also available midweek for individuals who seek a time of silent reflection and prayer. If you desire an appointment with a retreat team member, please book prior to your stay.
Week Long Retreats
- The Friar Paul Surette Hermitage is available for day and overnight use. It is a rustic log cabin equipped with a wood stove for heat, a bed, table, and chair. The hermitage has no electricity or running water, an outhouse is available nearby. The hermitage is a wonderful place for those desiring solitude and a very quiet prayerful experience at Mount St. Francis.
- To book for regular silent retreats, please register with one of the captains listed in the brochure for the retreat you wish to attend. For any of the other retreats, phone the office at 403-932-2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If assistance is required for transportation, please contact the retreat centre.